The 50th anniversary of the man's first step on the moon at the Cité de l'Espace in Toulouse!
In 2019, the Cité de l'Espace celebrates 50 years of the first step of Man on the Moon and declines all programming accompanying the opening of the new exhibition LUNE - EPISODE II and the new IMAX film.
Discover the program of the year, developed in partnership with many cultural and associative actors of all horizons, at the Cité de l'espace and in the city :
- On the moon again at the observatory of Jolimont on Friday, July 12 and Capitol Square on Saturday, July 13 from 21h to Midnight: Watch the moon live. Free admission.
- 50 years of Apollo 11, 50 rockets fired in France at 14:32 at the Cité de l'Espace on Tuesday 16 July : Come build and launch your own rocket at the Cité de l'Espace, and celebrate the historic launch of the Apollo 11 mission! On presentation of an entrance ticket.
Sunday, July 21st from 1:30 pm to midnight : Anniversary day and evening to discover the incredible adventure of the Apollo missions, and astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin who walked on the Moon between July 20th and 21st, 1969! A program of animations, films and exceptional guests to understand the challenges of the journey to the moon and to project into the space exploration of the 21th century.
- The night of the stars at the Cité de l'Espace on Friday, August 2 from 7 pm to 11.30 pm : Great night of observation of the Sky and the Moon under the stars, organized in partnership with the French Association of Astronomy, Planet Sciences Occitanie and the association RAMIP, to discover the sky in another way and participate in all an entertainment program. Free admission.
- Cosmos 1969 at the Odyssud de Blagnac on wednesday 23 September at 8:30 pm : The soundtrack of the Apollo 11 mission in an immersive and metaphysical sensory odyssey. A concert-show for aerial body, suspended curve and six musicians around the immersive sound device. Paying show.
- The Star and Wing Festival at the Cité de l'Espace on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th October : Film Festival, Book Fair, Conferences, Simulators and discovery workshops ... With prestigious guests, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the first flight of the Concorde and the Apollo missions.
- Free admission.
- The extraordinary institutions of Edgar Poe at the Cité de l'Espace on Wednesday October 16th at 8pm : Meeting and conference with Jean-Pierre Luminet, Astrophysicist, writer and poet as part of the Edgar Poe cycle, accompanied by reading texts and a musician. Free admission. Reservation recommended.
Your stay at the Cité de l'Espace
Enjoy a weekend or school holidays to visit this unique space park. Count a good half-day for a complete visit of the park.
And for added convenience, your hotel The Holiday Inn Toulouse Airport will be happy to receive you among one of its 150 rooms of great comfort.
By booking directly on the website of the establishment, you guarantee to benefit from the best rate guaranteed. In addition, we are pleased to present an offer specially created for this visit of the Cité de l'Espace with exclusive advantages.